I officially started my business on 19-Nov-10 – at least that’s what the State of Iowa says…
During the first couple of months, I spent majority of my time marketing. I signed my first client one month after being in business. If you’re a freelancer or small business owner, you understand how amazing the feeling is. I really felt legitimate. I was IN business for myself.
I’ve learned a LOT along the way and I feel more secure in my abilities as the “Get It Done Girl”.
- As I gained more clients, I needed to reevaluate how I spent my time. After being unemployed for the majority of 2009, this wasn’t a problem I had experience with. But this process helped me give the best of myself to my clients.
- I’ve gotten over my “issues” regarding public speaking. I decided that it’s not about me – it’s about how I can help people through my message.
- I’ve discovered a part of Des Moines that I didn’t know existed and realized that I was being mentored without even knowing it. Central Iowa Bloggers – need I say more?
As a new business owner, my husband and I agreed to review my progress after six months and then decide if this is something that I should continue. It’s an emphatic YES:
- Quality of Life has gone up – I’m much happier being a FREE AGENT than working in a cube.
- People want what I’ve got – I’m filling a niche and I’m gaining clients. I’m very happy with how the business has grown in just six months
- I’m pursuing my vision
Are you where you want to be with your business? Are you helping others through your passion? Where do you want your business to be six months from now? A year from now?