Most Free Agents run into this situation at some point in time. It’s good to have a plan in place before you’re stuck in that moment.
I feel comfortable having my brain picked if:
- We already know eachother and have some rapport
- I’m returning a favor – I’ve picked their brain before
- You’ve given me a referral in the past (also returning a favor)
- You volunteer for a non-profit
- Afterwords, you’ll write a LinkedIn Recommendation for me
There’s no such thing as a free lunch, but there are ways to get your questions answered; just need to go about it in the right manner.
How do you handle this type of situation?