The Oatmeal put together a GREAT post on How to Suck at Facebook – from your personal profile. Here’s a few tips on how to suck at your Business’ Facebook Fan Page:
- You don’t have any content on the page, but you tell everyone that your business is on Facebook Fan Page
- You only talk about your business and how great you are, the events you’re having and why people should buy your stuff – this is a sure way to keep them engaged
- You update your status with your personal issues, i.e. had a tough time getting up this morning because I was out too late partying last night – great brand management in the eyes of prospects and clients
- Your profile picture is from your most recent vacation to the Grand Canyon – ya, that trip you took when you told a client you were having elective surgery and couldn’t finish their project on time.
- You invite your personal friends to become a Fan of your Fan Page…daily – great way to maintain personal relationships
Do you have any tips on how to suck at Facebook? What strategies are you implementing?