Hopefully, by now, you’ve created a Facebook Fan Page for your business. Did you know that you can comment on people’s personal Facebook pages AND other business’ Facebook Fan Pages as your business’ Facebook Fan Page? (What did she just say???)
For a long time, you could only comment on Walls as yourself; now you can comment as your business/brand. Here’s step-by-step instructions:
- From www.facebook.com, login to your personal Facebook page
- Click “Account” in the upper right-hand corner
- Select “Use Facebook as Page”
- You will be shown a list of all of the pages for which you have Administrative Rights. Select a page
- You’ll then be taken to that particular Fan Page
- If you’re not sure if you’re using Facebook as yourself or a Fan Page, you can always click on the “Account” button in the upper right-hand corner
Why would you ever want to comment on other’s Walls as your business’ Fan Page? To create awareness for your business.
People and businesses may “Like” your page if they knew about you. Sharing a resource on another business’ Fan Page is providing value to their audience, and, if they are compelled, they may visit your Fan Page and “Like” it.
Be sure that your businesses are complimentary and not competing. For example, if you event planning business is organizing a local festival, share the event on the Convention and Visitor Bureau’s Fan Page. The CVB will thank you and so will their audience.
Be cautious: don’t use this technique to leave sales pitches because the Administrator can (and will) delete them. AND you’ll have a negative effect on their audience which will reflect poorly on your brand.