Last December, I was hired by the City of Waukee as an Event Consultant.
The Waukee Leadership Institute‘s Class of 2015 was tasked with revamping Waukee’s Annual Fall Festival and they needed some guidance.
Renamed “Celebrate Waukee”, this family-friendly event was held on June 5 – 6, 2015, in the Historic Downtown Triangle and Centennial Park.
Celebrate Waukee kicked off on Friday, June 5, with a movie in Centennial Park sponsored by the Waukee Parks and Recreation Department. On Saturday, June 6, the festivities began in the Historic Downtown Triangle with a pancake breakfast and a Chopper 6K Challenge and a Chopper 2K Kids Fun Run. A parade took the fun to Centennial Park where attendees were offered a wide range of activities for all ages, including inflatables sponsored by HyVee and Atlantic Bottling, the Waukee Warrior Kids Challenge sponsored by Central Bank, various activities provided by the Waukee Arts Council, vendors, food, drinks, live music, fireworks, and much more.
Below are a few ways I supported this group’s efforts:
- Developed an event planning and event marketing timeline in Excel to be maintained as a shared document
- Held regular conference calls with co-chairs to make sure the right questions were being addressed and that they’re staying on schedule
- Held regular conference calls with various sub-committees
- Attended regularly scheduled large group meetings
- Managed the Facebook Fan Page and Twitter accounts
- Ran Facebook Ads to promote the event
Does your organization need help producing events? Maybe you need an Event Consultant to keep you on track!!!