The holiday season, typically beginning the week of Thanksgiving and lasting through the first week of the New Year, is a difficult time to generate new business. There are fewer networking events which are attended by fewer people. A lot of decision-makers take vacation. Budgets are being generated for the next year. We’re busy getting all of the shopping done, houses cleaned, parties attended and traveling to be with relatives. I get it.
The Get It Done Girl doesn’t do “down time” well. It’s just not who I am. So this is what I’m going to tackle during this 7-week slowdown:
- Continue taking care of my current clients – they come first!
- Develop a marketing plan and execution strategy for event planning (one of the services I offer)
- Help a buddy start a business
- Send greeting cards to past, current and prospective clients to say thanks for their business
- Organize the information my tax accountant will need after the beginning of the year
- Identify which past/current clients I’ll require a 1099 from and get those in the mail
- Write and schedule blog posts
- Review my LinkedIn profile and edit
- Read 3 business books I haven’t had time to read
- Research which Chamber of Commerce I’d like to join
What will you be doing during this slow-down? Anything I’ve missed?