Have you checked out 1 Million Cups yet?
From their website:
“Join us every Wednesday from 8-9:30AM at the Science Center in downtown Des Moines, as Iowa entrepreneurs are caffeinated with free coffee, complimentary parking and an innovative energy generated by an interactive community-driven networking experience unlike any other.”
FREE PARKING is available in the parking garage just across the street from the main entrance of the Science Center of Iowa in downtown Des Moines.
Membership organizations with fewer than 100 members usually have great success leveraging their member volunteers to keep the organization running smoothly.
Membership organizations with more than 100 members oftentimes require the support of an individual that can take care of the following on a part-time basis. Below are a few ways I can help:
- Provide general liaison work for the board.
- Manage all documentation according to the membership organization’s chapter documentation retention guidelines.
- Coordinate board meetings and attend board and committee meetings as required.
Administrative and Facilities Services
- Provide storage for permanent records and supplies.
- File bi-annual report for Iowa Nonprofit Corporations.
- Act as the point of contact for the membership organization.
- Receive dues payments, post entries and maintain financial accounts.
- Process deposits and reconcile bank statements monthly.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and income/expense summaries.
- Prepare year-end financial statements.
- Arrange for annual tax filings.
- Work with accounting firm to complete annual income tax returns and audits.
Publications and Communications
- Provide routine communications to members via website, email and mail.
- Maintain an up-to-date email address list of members.
- Maintain the membership organization’s membership database.
- Make arrangements for monthly meetings.
- Manage all room set-ups and catering needs.
- Manage advance registration and process credit card payments.
- Prepare nametags.
- Provide on-site supervision of registration check-in process.
Breakfast, Business & More is Des Moines’ premier morning networking event which allows busy professionals the chance to network and to exchange opportunities.
We host quarterly networking events without the membership fees. We’ll provide each of you with a registrant list including name, business name and email address which makes follow-up easy! Your time is extremely valuable; that’s why you can expect our events to keep to the following schedule:
- 8:00am – 8:15am: Register, grab breakfast and COFFEE!
- 8:15am – 8:45am: Each individual introduces themselves to the large group with their name and the name of their business.
- 8:45am – 9am: Open Networking
Parking: Free parking is available in the Plymouth Church parking lot.
Plymouth Church (Waveland 4)
4126 Ingersoll Ave
Des Moines, Iowa 50312
Tuesday, January 10, 2017 from 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM (CDT)